Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

??? DIGITECH BP8 ???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bass_tard-XXX, Jan 21, 2001.

1. Bass_tard-XXX

Bass_tard-XXX

Jan 21, 2001
    I'm gonna get a DIGITECH BP8 processor but have no chance to try it out. Please share your opinions about it if
    u played it!

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I just bought a bp8 about a month ago. Now, I'm relatively new to using effects in my music, but I'll say I really enjoy using my bp8. I'm getting the tone and effects that I'd wished I'd had access to before. It has many very usefull effects, and many that are just down-right fun to mess around with. I consider buying mine as a good investment. I recommend it.

SnoMan

3. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    basstard, I have a bp-8 for sale. $260 and it's yours. gimme an email at sdelcam@austin.rr.com

4. dj falkroy

dj falkroy

Dec 27, 2000
    I got a BP-8 this summer and I guess I like it ok. For $260 from that one guy its a good deal. Its kind of a pain in the ass to program all the effects. I also find that its hard to get the volumes of different effects close to the same. SOme are way loud and some are way quiet. There are ways to do it with compressor and preamp settings but overall it is kind of a pain. THere are some killer sounds in it though. In a couple years I would like to trade in for stomp boxes I think, because its easier to layer effects on the fly. THat's my .02.

5. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I have owned a BP-8 for over a year now. Depending on your needs it's OK. $260 is a good deal. It's too noisy for recording. Also, I don't like all the effects. The tracking of the octaver isn't all that it should be. I really suggest you try before you buy. Im going to sell mine soon as I never use it anymore.

6. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    It's still up for grabs.... email me.

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was toying around with one of them at a local music store here, was it me or did it have alot of unnecessary effects? Dont get me wrong it had some nice ones too, like the chorus, delay, and octaver, and a few others but it seemed like alot of redundent effects, especially with the delays. And not worth the $400 that they were asking for

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I've had my BP8 for over a year now. At first I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. But after a while I began to see some of its downfalls. Some of the effects, such as the fretless simulator are kind of useless. And a few of the preamp models are really noisy. But I don't use effects all that much so its easier for me to just have one box with everything in it. Plus I know ahead of time what effects I'm gonna use so I can tweak all my patches ahead of time.
    As for the volume control problem there is a master level parameter that you can adjust to get the levels of different patches even.
    Overall I'd say the BP8 is worth it, especially if you can get one for $260. But if you are really into effects and plan to use a whole lot of them you're probably better off getting separate stomp boxes.

9. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I used to have a roommate who owned a BP8 and while it was fun to fool around with I didn't particularly want to own one. I was really impressed with the modulation FX (flange, trem, phase, etc.) and the delay/looper but it seemed really difficult to tweak parameters quickly on the fly and match levels between patches during a gig. It'd be fun to use one for recording, but I'm happier with my assorted stompbox FX.

10. I bought one today and it is just awesome. I recomend it if you like a wide variety of hard to find fx.