Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

digitech BP8

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Licketysplit, Jul 21, 2000.

1. Licketysplit

Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    I was wondering if anyone has one? and if so, how "good" are the effects. Also how programmable is it? Can you assign individual effects to the footswitches(like stomp boxes)? I heard a lot about it and it seems pretty good, but none of the stores around here carry them so I haven't been able to try it out. I've been thinking about getting it for a while so any input would help.

2. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    i have one and don't use it much. yeah, you can program one effect per footpedal if you want. IMO it would be better to go with individual stompboxes instead. you might be spending more money, but the overall result will be better.

3. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I own a BP-8. I'm stuck with it until I get my new amp, then I will sell it. Some fx of the BP-8 are OK but most of them did not live up to my expectations. I suggest you find a store that has one and check if you can get the sounds from it you want. Also check for noise. It certainly does NOT have studio quality fx...

4. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    lickety, i am selling my bp8. send me an email at sdelcam@austin.rr.com if you are interested. i'd like $300 for it.

5. Licketysplit

Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    300? maybe, what kind of conditioon is it in? Also I had a few more questions about the Bp8...
    How "tweakable" are the effects?
    How good is the wah and whammy?
    Does it have a sampler/looper?
    What "weird" effects does it have?
    Thanks for all the posts so far, please keep helping me!