Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech dbx Bass Squeeze Review

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by T.B. Player, Sep 27, 2002.

1. T.B. Player

T.B. Player

Aug 10, 2002
    Orange, Texas
    Well I just picked up this new pedal and I got to say I'm fairly impressed. I used it on my first gig last night and got several comments. I usually use a Sansamp BDDI but wanted some compression so it could even out my peaks and attenuate harmonics.

For a solidstate compressor it is really quiet. I had to pretty much max out the level in order to hear the compression happening. There is a lot of headroom. Also, the CIT cabinet simulator sounded really good, almost close to what I get with the Sansamp.

The only thing I didn't like was using the crossover above the 250hz mark. Everything tends to get real middy and highs get super glassy. I mainly use a Sterling and it really fattened it up across the whole spectrum. The soundman really liked how it helped me stand out in the mix and this is in a seven piece band. I highly recommend checking this pedal out.

Peace

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    really cool!

those new digitech pedals seem to be pretty impressive.

i played the delay, and i liked it better than the line6 delay modeler (for straight-up delay purposes).

3. yeah, i too was extremely surprised by the delay... the others werent so great but the delay was a lot better than I expected.

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :D

that's a backhanded complement if i ever heard one!

5. Hmmm, so would that be a good trade for a Zoom 708? I'm thinking I might want a compressor, but idk...

6. DrMusic45

DrMusic45

Nov 27, 2002
    Missouri
    I just got the Bass Synth Wah pedal yesterday, and I LOVE it! I really was getting it for its octave capabilities (which I think are stellar, btw), and the synth sounds are pretty cool to! I was hoping to maybe team it up with the compressor from the same maker to help out my bass sound a bit. If all these X-series pedals are as good as the bass synth wah, then I'm definitely picking up a few more, hehe.

7. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    the bass synth wah is the shiznite

anybody have sound samples of the compressor?