1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech dbx Bass Squeeze Review

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by T.B. Player, Sep 27, 2002.

1. T.B. Player

T.B. Player

Aug 10, 2002
    Orange, Texas
    Well I just picked up this new pedal and I got to say I'm fairly impressed. I used it on my first gig last night and got several comments. I usually use a Sansamp BDDI but wanted some compression so it could even out my peaks and attenuate harmonics.

For a solidstate compressor it is really quiet. I had to pretty much max out the level in order to hear the compression happening. There is a lot of headroom. Also, the CIT cabinet simulator sounded really good, almost close to what I get with the Sansamp.

The only thing I didn't like was using the crossover above the 250hz mark. Everything tends to get real middy and highs get super glassy. I mainly use a Sterling and it really fattened it up across the whole spectrum. The soundman really liked how it helped me stand out in the mix and this is in a seven piece band. I highly recommend checking this pedal out.

Peace

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    really cool!

those new digitech pedals seem to be pretty impressive.

i played the delay, and i liked it better than the line6 delay modeler (for straight-up delay purposes).

3. yeah, i too was extremely surprised by the delay... the others werent so great but the delay was a lot better than I expected.

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :D

that's a backhanded complement if i ever heard one!

5. Hmmm, so would that be a good trade for a Zoom 708? I'm thinking I might want a compressor, but idk...

6. DrMusic45

DrMusic45

Nov 27, 2002
    Missouri
    I just got the Bass Synth Wah pedal yesterday, and I LOVE it! I really was getting it for its octave capabilities (which I think are stellar, btw), and the synth sounds are pretty cool to! I was hoping to maybe team it up with the compressor from the same maker to help out my bass sound a bit. If all these X-series pedals are as good as the bass synth wah, then I'm definitely picking up a few more, hehe.

7. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    the bass synth wah is the shiznite

anybody have sound samples of the compressor?