Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Suburban, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Hey, people.
    I was looking for multi-eq floorboards, actually, when I struck Digitech and DOD. They are branches of the same company (Harman) and make a floorboard multieffect each. From their sites, I'd say they are pretty much the same, though DOD lack a few of Digitech's features.

What experience have you people of these thingies?
    Are they pretty much the same?
    Do they have the same quality?
    Any of them any good?
  2. 1. Not very good
    2. Yes, but the digitech is slightly better
    3. see above.
    4. no, not really
  3. You get what you pay for.

You want a cheap floor board? Then don't expect to get quality.

The Digitech rack units are very good. I have been using a Studio Quad for a long time and it sounds awesome. It takes time to learn how to control it well, though.
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    DigiTech, DOD and Johnson Amplification are all the same company: DOD.

They launched the DigiTech line originally for rackmount gear, but later got into flooboard units as well.

The Johnson brand was used for their modeling amp stuff.

Basically the same deal as Roland/Boss, one company but multiple brands.
  5. I owned a DOD BassTEC multieffect unit a couple of years ago, pretty crappy, just plain sh!t, must be one of the worstest multieffect in the price range.

Now, I use a Digitech BP8, FROM THE SAME COMPANY, "HARMAN", and the only thing i can tell you is that Digitech it's far superior to DOD in quality, sound and construction. I recommend it, trust me.

I think, the same company... different engineering.

6. jamminji

Mar 22, 2002
    I have a DOD bass30 multieffects. I bought it used off ebay and I love it! I played on the Digitec bp8 and yes it had some extra features but for 1/3 the price my bass30 was a much better value. Amost the price of a zoom but almost the quality of the digitec. The best of both worlds in my mind. My concern was noise, and I have used my bass30 for recording with great effect. I even used it like a POD, bass to bass30 to input of recorder. Then used the modeling to get the sound I wanted and added effects to taste. One REALLY cool thing is that it has stereo ouputs so if you go into 2 channels and separate the channels hard left and hard right, or run into two amps/speakers, you can set up the effects like delay to bounce from side to side, and things like chorus, and flanger flow from side to side. The compressor also has a crossover so you can compress limit only the freguency range you want.

For a mid range pedal it rocks!