Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dougray, Oct 3, 2002.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    hello, i seen that musiciansfriend has 4 digitech bass effect pedals on sale right now,and also at a local music store they have a digitech bp8 effect board(149bux,used) ,question:are digitech effects decent? are they worth the price? and also i read? that digitech makes boss stuff or vice versa?,any info..i am considering in maybe getting either the single digitech chorus or synth wah($79each:MF price) or the board multi-effect($149)... and also what is a synth wah?(envelope filter)?i am not real big on effects but i was just wondering... thanx in advance.... :cool:

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Roland makes Boss. Try the Digitech BP200, it's a pretty cool unit, mine's working out great!

3. I just bought their bass driver overdrive/distortion and I realy like it their is alot of options for tone and it was the sound I was looking for. But just go try the effects you want ,if you can

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    mars music (and probably guitar center) carry those newfangled digitechs (digitech used to make "dod" pedals).

i tried the digitech delay. it sounded very good, but i'd need to run it through my rig to give it a proper review. don't know how much tone it'd suck, but i liked the way the repeats sounded; none of that "click, click, click" bull like on the digital boss delays.

5. they ALSO make GREAT bass whammys (hint hint)

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :D

7. why should i be hinting? I'm getting one!!! the owner (former owner i should say) is here on TB, but i'm not gonna say his name, unless peer pressure makes me cave in. :D