Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech EX-7 OK for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nappingcracker, Feb 7, 2006.

1. I saw a post here a while back about this, and I need a replacement for my current crappy wah (mates finally said - "you have to stop that" - referring to the true bypass amp 'click' when engaging the wah).

How does this thing work for bass? anyone tried it? I have read that it should be before destortion, so it tracks better, which makes me sad because I normally run my synth into my wah.

I have not been able to find any info regarding bass on the digitech ex7. Whatcha think? (whatch think on non-standard wah replacements in general)

-_^

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I tried one out recently, but i didnt use the wah modes (I've got a wah I like) but i did play around with the whammy and Xp-300 settings which both sounded really awesome. I personally will be picking up one (if I ever have money again). I didnt notice signal loss (but testing in a store never really does it the same). The only problem I had is that the pedal is really stiff so it needs some working in to operate smoothly. Sorry I couldnt really give any advice on the pedal.

3. the xp-300 was a major bling point for me, If I could use it for wah and the space wierdness, I could save room and rock the block.

yea - 1
    nay - 0

4. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I really liked the XP300 setting which is pretty much why I want one, the Leslie, Flanger, and Whammy settings are all just bonuses. But that XP setting is pretty wild I was able to do some cool things with that effect going. If you like ambient music you'll see what I'm talking about

5. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hot damn, that looks awesome. I wonder how well the Whammy modes sound in comparison to the actual thing... The Leslie emulation looks sweet too.

I wonder how good the sound quality is on this thing, my experience with DigiTech is that their emulation usually sucks... This thing looks damn cool though, I hope it's not the case here.

-Dash