Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech Metal master Distortion or Boss MT-2 Metal Zone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Digitech Metal master Distortion

50.0%
  2. Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

50.0%
  1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Which pedal is better Heavy metal distortion?
    Digitech Metal master Distortion or Boss MT-2 Metal Zone?

2. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Never tried them on bass but when regarding guitar, the digitech is the best IMO. If you can, check out the old Boss pedal called Digital Metalizer if i remember correct, it's IMO better then the new one.

3. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I played around with the MT-2, but not for very long. It really can give you major distortion, fuzz-like at the extreme. At first I had problems with lack of low end, but it has EQ that you can pretty much maintain the lows. It's not really my cup of tea, but fun to mess with. It would be perfect though for certain Metallica and POTUSA songs.

4. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Spent a little more time with the MT-2. It's great with guitar, but for bass, I'd probably look elsewhere. Voodoo Sparkle Drive, Big Muff, and Fulltone get a lot of good reviews here on TB.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I love when companys put in the genre which this pedal is to be used: The question should be to you, "Do you want to just be in the metal zone? Or be the METAL MASTER?!?" :D