Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech or Zoom?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aardvark, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 21, 2004
    Hi Folks,

I'm planning to buy my first multi-effects unit for bass. Because I've got a Zoom 2020 guitar effects unit and it still does the job well after nearly 10 years (I just play at home, no gigs) my first thought was to stick with Zoom. But some people have told me that Digitech are much better for bass and I'm now looking at the Digitech BP80. Advice welcome as I'm still fairly new to bass.

Thanks,

Aardvark

2. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    I just think, in general, Digitech's multi processors are better then Zoom's.

3. well, my first multiFX box was the zoom bfx708, which was really cool, i found a lot of usable tones with it. i hear the 708II is even better...i'd consider picking one up, except for the fact that i've got a nightbass preamp with every effect i need!

i have played with digitech guitar multifx boxes, and they are pretty cool...never tried a digitech box for bass though...

4. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    how much do you want to spend?

im looking to sell my BP200...PM me, its just sitting around here, original box and all.

5. The Red Menace

The Red Menace

Nov 25, 2004
    I've owned many of both (even the Zoom 2020) and I will say that Digitech is far better for general sound quality. Some of the Zoom stuff can get a lot more strange effects but the clean settings never sound nearly as good as the Digitech.

6. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I am just getting back into playing. (midlife newbie) I was looking at both of the 708II and BP200. Looking for toy to understand modeling and something that I can plug in headphones and turn on the internal drum machine and play all that I want without bothering anyone. I am a gear junkie and a network engineer so complexity and programming do not scare me. (thou I would still like to turn it on and talk to it and it would obey my commands as it I were a Genie!!!!!)

This new guy would appreciate any help?!??!?! :hyper:

7. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    What's your price range?
    ANyway, korg pandora is cool! :hyper:

8. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I went and checked the pandora and that is for guitar. The bass version is the PX4B and it seems to be great!!! I saw the streaming video for the Pandora and it did a great job for a practice system. One of the reviews that I read on the PX4B said that "I probably won't gig with it but I love it for practicing".