Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by romac, Jun 24, 2004.

1. I'm looking to buy a Digitech X series chorus effect pedal from music123.com. Now I'm buying from there since they ship internationally and where I live bass effect pedals are very expensive. My question is - do you have to use the special digitech power supply? Or could I go to my local Radioshack and get a power supply to power 4.8Watts unit?

I need a 240V power supply you see, so I can't order the one from music123.com. Or could I order it and then use a transformer? What do you technical minded people suggest?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've had no problems using standard Boss PSU or onespot power adaptors

3. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    So let me get this straight. If I get a Boss TU2, the power adapter (PS120 I think), and the daisy chain, that I can power Digitech and Boss pedals at the same time with no problem?

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep. As a matter of fact, I mod all my pedals to accept that type of adapter. One helluva daisy chain. :)

5. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Sweet!

So the Digitechs won't have to be modded right? Just plug and play?

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    99% sure. Don't quote me. Just make sure they require a center negative jack and it'll be fine.

7. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    100% sure. I power a Digitech Synth Wah and TU-2 , among others, off of a godlyke one-spot adaptor.

8. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Should be fine! No reason I can see for it not to work, although obviously I haven't tried it with 240V since I'm in the US.