Digitech Ricochet vs Drop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elRaid, Feb 24, 2017.

1. elRaid

elRaid

May 23, 2016
    Need to down-tune occasionally on whole tone lower, so I opt between these two pedals.
    Has anyone compare them? Ricochet is newer. Is it perform any better in terms of sound and tracking?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    First off, we'll tag @DigiTechRep.

My understanding/assumption would be that they have the same essential algorithm. At the time it was released the Drop had the most up-to-date pitch-tracking/shifting algorithm of all the Whammys and such, but it wasn't too different from the Whammy DT/Bass Whammy/etc. I don't know if/how much they updated the algorithm for the Ricochet.

I would probably look more at features. If you want drop-tuning, you should get the Drop---that's what it's for, more intervals, etc. If you want the rise/fall/faux-Whammy effect, you should get the Ricochet.

elRaid likes this.
  3. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Commercial User

Jul 19, 2012
    Yep the base Pitch-Detection Algo is the same. The biggest differences are the functionality and that the Ricochet has better power-filtering and plays nicer with analog pedals like fuzzes. We discovered a couple things in that regard between the release of the Drop and the Ricochet.

4. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    How does the Ricochet with with bass? I have a bass whammy, only using as an octaver. I'd appreciate saving the pedal board real estate.

5. Boot Soul

Boot Soul

Feb 10, 2009
    Bumping this to see if anyone else has an opinion on these two

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022