1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech Screamin Blues for cheap but warm Bass O.D. tone???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Audix99, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Audix99

Audix99

Sep 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hello all,

Am looking for a cheap (less then $40) OD pedal to play with my bass tone.
    Upon search here in TB, I saw that many thought highly of Bad Monkey, but I could not find one locally.

Instead, a local shop has two used pedals.

Digitech Screamin Blues: $35
    Digitech Bass Drive: $30

I used the Search Function under "Screamin Blues," but did not find much info on it as a bass OD pedal...

Which one will give me that warm OD tone that are not harsh?
    Basically I'm looking for a cheap bass OD pedal that will NOT suck in the lows and that will be warm, more natural OD.

Thanks!!!

2. Sorry, don't know about those, but I have a Bad Monkey and a Hardwire CM-2 and I've A/B's them extensively.
    The Bad Monkey is pretty darn good, but the CM-2 just sounds fuller and more clear.
    Pretty easy to find both used for cheap.
    Good luck.

S

3. Audix99

Audix99

Sep 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the info, S!!!
    I will see if I can find a Hardwire CM-2 locally to test it out.
    Thanks again.

Now, anyone have any info on Screamin Blues or Bass Drive as a cheap bass OD pedal???

4. Audix99

Audix99

Sep 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    Never mind my question guys.
    Per the suggestion by S, I did some research on Hardwire CM-2 and found one on Ebay.
    I placed a bid just to see, and I won it for $40 with shipping.
    So it seems that I will get to play with it to see if it will give me OD tone I like.
    If not, I figure I can always sell it for $40...