Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech synth/wah...another question.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikkejohansson, May 10, 2004.

1. So, I've realized that the Digitech is pretty much the way to go for a good octaver. But hiw about the filter/synth sounds? Any good? There a bit pricey over here and if I'm gonna order on from US I'd like to know what I'm getting...

What I'd like to get from it, apart from the octaver, is a usable filter effect to get some "movement" to the sound and maybe a funky wah/envelope type sound...

So, spill it! What about the XBW as a synth/filter/wah?

2. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Hmm well the envelope is a little thing sounding but my personal favorite effect on the pedal is the envelope with the octave. It sounds awesome as long as you are playing somewhat up on the neck or on the higher strings. If you play like a low E-A sounds kinda weird and muddy. But also depends on what bass you will be using. My Rickenbacker gets a thinner sound when i use it but my Warwick Corvette will kick you in the pants if set right. Basically you can get good sounds out of the pedal if used correctly and fiddled with a bit. But also if you are buying it for one reason you WILL stumble upon way more cool sounds and features that you never knew existed. Even more so considering it has 7 diffferent distinct sounds.

3. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    whoops replace the first thing with thin

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The envelope filter/wah effect is a bit too high endy. It borders on annoying. You have to really tweak it to get a good sound out of it, the synth sounds are very over the top, which is pretty cool if your into that, I'd like it if there was something a bit more mellow on their as well.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Check out my song Experiments in Synth. It's about 7 bass tracks and all of them have some variation of effect from the synth/wah pedal.