Digitech Synth Wah as an octave pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vision, Jan 26, 2006.

1. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    I used it at a rehearsal last night, and it just sounds great...the synth patches are very useable, and the octave tracks great!

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    OK...I was dad set in getting rid of mine cuz I couldn't get the Octave thing figured out. I tune ADADG...is it gonna even be able to work on the low D...all i get is this off-on again type of sound. Can someone post where they have their knowbs set on the thing. I know the mode, or far right know is all the way clockwise. The others I've fiddled around with endlessly and just can't seem to dial it in. can anyone save this thing from it's possible fate?

3. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    i don't really use it down that low. none of the octave pedals i've used sound good below low e. as far as settings, i keep the sens knob at 12:00, the control knob between 10:00 and 2:00 depending on your taste (it controls the level of the octave down note), the range knob completely to the left and of course the type knob on 7.

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    If you take the freq of the D (36.71) and divide by two, you get the freq of the octave: 18.35

That's below most effects/amps/hearing ranges. A lot of pedals only handle notes between 20Hz and 20KHz.

Thats why:

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    OK...I'll keep it up for grabs then. I really thought the D string was to low...it gives me this funky sounding type thing when I try it,.

6. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    This pedal sounds great, i think im going to buy one! Anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy it from online?

7. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah...me!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021