1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech Synth Wah Trigger Happiness

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by r05c03, Mar 29, 2006.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Mornin' I have a Digitech synthwah. This pedal has a muliple effects and some of these effects are tiggered in that if play hard on a string you get a little extra sound, octave change, lazer like noise, or whatever. At any rate I was experimenting with it with a newly acquired EBMM Bongo, I think basically there is no hope for this pedal anymore. It seems like the signal coming from the Bongo is too hot and triggers the effects even when I do not want to trigger them (which is most of the time). Aside from turning the volume down on the bass and boosting the amp is there much hope for making this a useful pedal with the Bongo ? Thanks.

2. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    Simple but you havent mentioned it, have you tried tweaking the sensitivity knob on the actual pedal???

3. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, if you turn down the sensitivity knob down all the way, it *should* be fine.

-Dash

4. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Ah, yes of course. I should have mentioned that. That of course is the problem. Even with the sensitivity knob turned down all the way there I still have to play very evenly and lightly or else I trigger it.

5. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    i just had this pedal and didnt really get on with it so i traded it, but not because there was a problem with it, i just found it a bit unusable in my music.

errrrm, maybe your bass is just too strong a signal going into the digitech, maybe a limiter before the digitech will solve the problem?

6. Leave the Bongo EQs in the centre detents too, boosting those suckers really packs a punch into the signal!

Otherwise, sounds like you need a compressor or a limiter.

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I use the bypass myself.

8. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks. I have a compressor so I will try that. Will try level eqs too.

Ian