Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech talker anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thurisarz, May 10, 2005.

1. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I have borrowed this pedal from the local store and i'm gonna try it with a mic tomorrow at school, what i wonder is, has anybody had any experience with this pedal, what should i expect from it. The only thing that works with bass without a mic is something called "NuWah", and to be honest, worst Autowah ever!

The stores takes $265 for it, is that a high price if i'm interested in it, since the pedal is discontinued i don't know the listprice of it.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    They're going for quite a bit less than that on eBay right now. To get what the pedal is supposed to do, you really do need a mic hooked into it. A band I was in for a while was using one with a synth running through it with a mic. That was lots of fun, and made some great sounds. I'm still wanting to see if the drummer still has that pedal. I'd love to have one.

3. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I played around with one for a while until my pedalboard got stolen... :crying:

I split my bass signal and ran half through a Metal Zone then the Talker and the other clean. Was interesting to add vocal accents to straight bass lines. I liked the confused look on the audience's faces!

[​IMG]

4. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Well i returned it to the store yesterday and had a talk about the price, they could lower it to $208 but that was enough. I thought that was expensive for a thing i'm gonna use as a toy, so i wonder, is there any other vocoder pedal on the market today?

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Not a pedal, but the Electrix Warp Factory does some vocoding (is that a word?)
    Here's one on eBay.
    Korg's Kaoss Pad also has some vocoder effects built in.