1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech Talker Talk Box / Vocoder, think Zapp, Bernie W, Cher, etc

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Spfairchild, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Selling one of the pedals that I've had the longest. You can be sure that this pedal is in great working order, as it has a completely replaced circuit board due to my screwing around inside of it years ago after I first bought it. I sent it to Digitech and they replaced the whole board, and the pedal has worked wonderfully for many years since. This is the vocoder or talk box effect that was used on Cher's "Do You Believe in Life After Love", and has several different modes for different talkbox sounds, vintage and modern. In fact, it has a mode just called "Talk Box" that nails the original 70s sound.

Very easy to use, no tube in your mouth required. You just plug a mic into it, plug your instrument into it, and then rout an XLR to the PA if you want the sound to come out of the PA, or just use in line with the rest of your effects to have the sound come out of your amp. Or, do both! It has a switch that allows you to select the output options of amp, amp & PA, or both. PA and amp have separately adjustable output levels. This pedal is built like a tank, and is one of those discontinued nostalgic favorites. Many auctions and general sellers won't include the adapter, which is kind of pricey and hard to come by, because it's actually AC - it does not convert to DC, just steps the AC voltage down. I'll include this. I think I also have a printed out manual that I can include, although this is also available on the interwebs. Let me know if you have any questions!

Selling for $215 shipped to the lower 48 states, actual cost anywhere else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    New day bump

3. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Possible local sale tonight, will update after meet up...

4. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Local guy couldn't come last night after all, may try again Friday. For now, still available!

5. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Lowering the price - now $215, shipped to lower 48!

6. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Sold!