1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech "The Weapon" on Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Darknut, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    Last night I received a Digitech "The Weapon" pedal as a door prize at a event & I must say I'm stunned by this pedal!

It has 7 modes & most of them work very well with bass.

3 distortion modes: the bottom does not drop out! The second dirt mode is more like overdrive ... I like this one very much.

2 octaves up or 2 octave down mode: it tracks very well & it has a wet/dry blend in this mode!

Phaser/distortion mode: some bottom loss in this mode but usable if you have a blend pedal of some sort. ( LS-2)

autowah/distortion mode: some bottom loss in this mode as well

Sitar mode ... I found this to be mostly useless on bass ... to bad you can't keep the reverb part & loose the sitar part.

Never messed with much Digitech gear & its very unlikely I would have ever even tried out a pedal like this if it hadn't fell into my lap.

This pedal is going on my board.

2. ive got one. christmas present forever ago. found the octave up to be pretty usesless on bass. didnt try it for much else. might get hooked up again

3. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    The Octave mode tracks very well with my active Pbass in 3 of the 4 ranges that it does .... the 2 Octaves down does not work well unless you play above the 12th fret.

This tracks as good as the Octave patch on my GT10b & the old OC2 I once had.