1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech Turbo Flange

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bobulibobium, May 2, 2010.

1. i did a search, and nothing helpfull really came up.

im wondering if anyone has had much experience with this pedal, and would be able to tell me about it, and whether it works well for bass.

i couldnt even find a demo on youtube!

2. You mean the Hyper Flange? I have one of those. It's a pretty decent flanger, but I don't really have much use for modulation with my band, and chorus is pretty much all the mod I need at church.

3. colicab

colicab

Sep 18, 2008
    my favourite flanger! totally over-performs considering you can get them for $40; has a unique and wild sequence flange, awesome ramping flangers and nice shimmery chorusing. everything from warm and subtle to cold, sterile digital glitchiness!

4. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    I think you got the Hyper Phase and the Turbo Flange mixed up ;)

5. Yep, you're right.

6. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I saw the words 'Turbo Flange' and choked laughing.

7. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Its ok, we play metal, we're allowed to mix it up once in a while :)

8. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    In my experience with it, its an excellent flanger, one of my guitar player friends claims its the best flange on the market

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    :help:

I want one of these so badly now. If I didn't already have a BF-2 I would go out tomorrow and get one. :meh:

10. does anyone have any actual experience first hand with it? ive heard people talking down digitech on their flangers. something about not retaining bass well?

it looks very versatile, but i dont wanna buy it unless i know its gonna hold down bass.

if anyone has it, could they also please make a demo for it? there are none on youtube, and the site only has a small taste of it for guitar

11. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    get a analog flange. MXR makes em. or the old ehx electric mistress
    if u must go digital i have found the old ibanez yellow one was awesome. i think it was called a swell flanger.

12. thats nice, but does anyone have experience with THIS PEDAL!??!?!?!

13. colicab

colicab

Sep 18, 2008
    yes! it's my favourite flanger! totally over-performs considering you can get them for $40; has a unique and wild sequence flange, awesome ramping flangers and nice shimmery chorusing. everything from warm and subtle to cold, sterile digital glitchiness! PEDAL GOOD FOR BASS

14. Viscera_Eyes

Viscera_Eyes

Oct 27, 2008
    I have one and I am thinking of getting rid of it for a BF-2. It is very versatile, but hardly any of the settings are usable. In a band setting, I could only hear it when I was playing by myself (although, this might be the case with most flangers). Keeping it subtle, there was one setting I kind of liked and used. The problem with turning the depth much past noon is that you will hear more swoosh than bass which is really doesn't help much. The step feature is kind of cool, but again it doesn't work well in a band setting.

15. excellent, thanks for advice from people who actually own this! would guys be so kind as to give a demo? i know im asking for a lot.... sorry

16. btw, excellent mars volta name, viscera eyes :p