Digitech vs. Line 6?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EmInEnT_BaSsIsT, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Line 6 Bass Pod

2 vote(s)
  2. Digitech BP8

1 vote(s)
  1. I'm thinking of buying an effects processor. I am fond of the Digitech BP8. I also like the amp modeling features of the Line 6 Bass Pod, but I have not tried it. The guitarist in my band has the guitar version and it seems to be easy to manipulate and has great sounds. Has any one tried the bass version? If so, which do you think is better, Digitech or Line 6?

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Line 6 is for studio work generally. Its not for you, i wouldnt think.
  3. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I second what Angus said, the Bass POD is a lot of dough for what it does IMO. Maybe it would be better suited for the studio, but I did not care for it.

Find a store with one set out in the open and try it for yourself, maybe you'll like it. It just did not do it for me...

My Flextone II on the other hand is really fun!
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I refuse to vote. They're totally different, and not even intended for the same use. It'd be like comparing apples to elephants...both have skin, but...

Anyway, the Pod is NOT a multi-effects unit, which is contrary to what some people would have you believe. You can only use one effect at a time, or you can bypass the effects section all together.

The amp modeling, on the other hand, is decent, but think about it...do you want to model other amps? If the answer is yes, then you've got two more considerations:

1. Is this for live use? If so, don't get the bass pod. You'll regret it. Rather than go into specifics, do a search on threads about the Bass Pod and you'll see why so many people have been disappointed!

2. Is this for studio use? Well, if you're talking ONLY in a studio setting, the Bass Pod's a pretty good amp modeler.

Summary: If you're looking for a multi-effects unit, do NOT get the Bass Pod!

BTW: I haven't tried the Digitech BP-8, but have heard comments on both sides of the spectrum regarding it...some people like it and others don't. Make sure it's right for you before you plunk down your hard earned cash. There are other good units out there, or you may even consider getting stomp boxes...
  5. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i suggest you to consider an used midiverb for clean sounds. just add a stompox as the bigmuff or the rat for the distortion. for me this is the best idea. cheap too.
  6. I can say that I'm the proud owner of a digitech BP-8 multi effects processor and what can I say , you can get just any sound imaginable. It also has a tube preamp built in which I must say can add alot to your sound depend on the settings you choose and combonations of effects....ect..ect. Its totally programable so you can do what I do and make the first 4 user settings according to the sounds you use most so they're just a stomp away. It's very durable and the rocker pedal lets you manipulate various settings .........its up to you , I love it. Beofre this I've had several zoom and Boss pedals as well as a Korg b300 or something. The digitech is by far the best.
  7. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I did a 4 hour gig 2 weeks ago using a Bass Pod Pro as a preamp into a Crown power amp,and it sounded very good,although I just set it to one sound and kept it there.I think it's too expensive though unless you make a good portion of your income from studio work which would justify it for the variety of sounds.