Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech Whammy [Europe, but post anywhere]

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Toasted, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

Digitech Red Whammy. A few months old. Works great. You know the score. This is the remixed version with the DiveBomb and al the other stuff.

I like the Detune settings, and the Octave up is killer.

Looking for £100 Inc Shipping to UK

[NOTEABLE: bass users include Doug Wimbish, listen to Living Colours "Flying" for a great example of bass with this very whammy.]

Pm, or email or reply to this thread.

2. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Free bump.

FWIW, the most amazing use of this type of pedal by a bass player, IMHO is by Reed Mathis of the Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey. They are a 3 peice fusion/jazz band. Bass, keys, drums. Reed does the most amazing lead lines using his jazz and one of these whammy pedals.

If your into avante garde jazz I highly recommend you check out Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey.

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Good call - this is true.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    B-ump

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    :hyper:

6. McKrakken

McKrakken

Jan 17, 2005
    Does anyone know what pedal Reed Mathis uses, its soo badass sounding, almost like a violin at sometimes.

Duece McKrakken

7. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Are these available readily in the shops?

(I'm a try before you buy kind of person if possible, just not the exact one I buy)

8. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Dude, try reading my post again. Only this time pay attention.

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Yes, he uses the whammy to great extent as atldeadhead said. Live, I've also seen him use an Ernie Ball volume pedal and a Boss RV3? It's the one with reverb and delay. He's also got a Snarling Dogs wah & he used to put a post card underneath it so it wouldn't click closed all the way. Sometimes he puts on the whammy and the wah and "controls" them with the volume pedal. The guy also uses an octave down with his upright, but that's another story.

Do the bump.