Digitech Whammy Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Big_d, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Big_d

Aug 31, 2004
    Just wondering if anyone has ever used one of these with a bass? im thinking of buying one ive heard you can get some cool sounds outta your bass with one

PS, if you have tried on and have any sound clips could you post some? thanks
  2. lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Juan from mars volta i think has two on his pedal board and if he has it on his board then it probably works pretty well. Just go try one out and see if you will like the sound of it.
  3. check out Jacob fred jazz oddysey...reed mathis is a monster with a whammy on bass.
  4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I used my Bass Whammy for many years both live and in the studio as a faux-5 string, but wouldn't recommend it unless you have a method for bypassing it completely when not in use. I can't speak for the newer ones, but after hauling mine out after revamping my rig I realized just how much of a tone-suck it was. :scowl:

However, they are damn fun to play with...
  5. Whammy 4 should be true bypass.
  6. Michael Manring does some wicked faux guitar solos with his hyperbass and whammy pedal. Very neat to hear. Check out 'The Book of Flame'.
  7. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It should, but it's not.

Anyways, I really really suggest it. I had lots of clips up online of me playing, but of course my hosting site went screwy, and now I can't find where I saved them. I'll look for the clips some more.
  8. manring doesn't havea a gigitech whammy does he?
    i'm pretty sure he just uses the one on his VF1
  9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    sorry hijack thread but how hard would it be to make the whammy 4 true bypass. PM me or post it and ill be in your debt forever.
  10. Big_d

Aug 31, 2004
    Well it looks like i'll definatley be getting one in the near future, also if anyone does have an answer to the true bypass thing PM me too Please
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Not possible to my knowledge. I emailed Robert Keeley and he said it's not possible either.
  12. yeah, the digitech whammy is all digital, so i would assume its hard to do if possible at all...
  13. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Not hard...using a Loooper. That's what I do, anyway.

I love to use my WH4 when tapping chords.
  14. Big_d

Aug 31, 2004

im not in with all the technical stuff (kind of a newbie to all the electronic stuff) so please pardon my ignorance but what exactely is a Looper/where can i get one?
  15. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    A loooper is a little pedal that you put a pedal/multiple pedals in and it makes it true bypass. Check it hurr.