Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech X series bassFX

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Berten, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium
    Does anyone uses them? Are they worth checking out?
    And do they have a true bypass?

I'm planning on buying all 4 of them, but I haven't found them in my local store....

Thanks for the info!

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I thought they were pretty good for the most part, especially the synth pedal.

Problem is that while I worked at Guitar Center we had a bunch of customers return them because they broke easily. Keep in mind that this was about a year ago and that it was when the product line was relatively new. They might have fixed the issue.

3. I really like the Synth pedal and had 2 of them for a while. It has 7 different settings, and I had the 2 set to different ones.

I also had the multi-chorus that I traded for a Boss CE-5 and I regret that trade. The Digitech sounds fuller and more rich to my ears.

I don't know what the other X-series fx are, but I found the build quality to be excellent and on-a-par with Boss. I've never had them break or malfunction in any way...granted, I've got my pedals mounted to a board and protected with a case, not banging around in a shoebox.

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I have the Bass Squeeze Compressor and love it. It uses the same circuitry as dbx and is dual band. Very flexible. It can really bring out dynamics depending on what frequency you choose and how much compression you applied. I have had it for a year without any issues. Mine is also kept in a pedalboard.

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i absolutely love my digitech synth. i mainly use both of the octave settings...fat!!

the chorus sounds pretty good, although it can be rather digitally

6. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    FWIW my digitech bass synth wah has taken a beating and has kept on ticking....