Digitech X-Series

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Marcap, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Im looking to buy a compressor pedal and possibly a chorus. Digitech just came out with these in their new X- Series for bass. There arent many reviews out for them because they are so new. Does anyone have one or had any experience with one?
  2. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I've had the Digitech Bass Squeeze Compressor pedal for about a week now.I'm still not sure if i'm gonna keep it or exchange it for the Tech 21 pedal.It sounds good at high volumes but when i'm playing at low volumes you can really hear the compression happening a bit too much.This is the first compressor i've ever used in my live rig so i'm not exactly sure if this is normal or what.I'd like to try the Tech 21 pedal to get a comparison.Also, with the Digitech I seemed to find only one setting I really like and if I change it from that it just doesn't sound right.
  3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    i liked the compression, but i got the driver instead:p
  4. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I tried the whole series. The only ones I didn't like at all were the compressor and the bass driver. Way too digital sounding in my opinion. I DID like the synth-wah and the delay and would even consider buying them.
  5. I was at the store today and got to spend some time playing around with the X-Series effects. I really liked the compressor, not too much noise. The Driver seemed to be exellent too. I didn't like the chorus too much. It sounded too digital and electronic to me. Not warm at all. Im thinking about maybe getting the Boss CEB-3 (let me know if you have an opinion on it) instead. I didnt try out the synthysizer.
  6. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

I just got the driver for christmas, kicks ass man, I'm gonna get the synth/wah when the funds get a little deeper.
  7. I got the Digitech driver for christmas. Its excellent IMO, I dont have much experience with pedals but with this one i can get a wide range of distortion/overdrive sounds. Hope that helps
  8. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    i was very happy to see that shiney red pedal under the tree:) But anyways, I love the driver, i really heaven't found anything on the pedal I haven't liked.I use the level half, the tone all the way up, the blend 9 o'clock and the morph at 3. I use that with my also new dunlop 105q, which is also amazing. I'm thinking about getting the compressor, to tighten my low end.