Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DigiTech XBW users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dalley, Jul 26, 2005.

1. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    OK bear with me on this one:

I just listened to some audio clips of this thing and I'm pretty impressed. I see using it on some funk/dance type stuff with no problems. When I listened to the "Envelope Filter" setting, it sounded like there was a little fuzz / slight distortion going on. Is this the case? Can I achieve a slight bit of Fuzz with just this pedal or do you think the clip had a seperate distortion effect added?

My concern with this is the fact I planned on using the pedal ALSO for the song "NIB" by Sabbath (for the WAH effect) and I want to know if I would also need a seperate Overdrive/Distortion pedal or I could get by with just the XBW.

Any help would be great thanks!

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    It could be anything that casued the fuzziness. Recording gear, etc. I've had one for over a year or so, and on envelope I can't really get a fuzziness out of it, but I can get ridiculously sharp attack at times.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/jakeposega_music.htm Slide on down my Soundclick to 'The Synth', which is just a demo of this pedal that I recorded.

3. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    interesting stuff ... thanks