Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anubis101, Nov 17, 2000.

1. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    Is the Digitech BP-8 Bass Processor
    worth the money I would hafta spend on it?
  2. Aryn

Nov 18, 2000
    I have one and they are all right. Either i havent quite figured it out yet or what but it is hard to get the sound levels to stay even in between settings. Also it is hard to get good sustain with it. it likes to cut in and out depending on how strong your signal is. i think the delay loop is cool. I would just use that money to buy individual effects. Thats what i wish i would have done.
    i guess they look cool too if thats what you are looking for
  3. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Hi anubis101,

I own one and I don't think it's worth the money I spend on it. Most effects aren't very good and the unit it very noisy. I'm going to sell it as soon as I've got my new amp.
  4. sticktapper

Sep 15, 2000
    Overall I'd say its' a good multi-effect unit. Certainly better than others that I've tried. You would wind up with better sounding effects with individual stomp boxes, but that would be more $$ and it assumes you know exactly which effects you want. The key to the BP-8 is learning how to use it, which isn't difficult but will take time, and levels, levels, levels. It can be noisy if you don't take your time and tweak your patches. BTW, the factory patches are pretty much useless, think of them as demo patches and create your own. I paid $300 new for mine and feel it was worth it.
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hey, I've had one for about a year and a half now. It is a pretty decent unit, but I have never really had much use for it live. I just haven't had the time to mess with it too much. If you are interested in buying mine for cheap, drop me an email at bionicman@mindspring.com and we can talk about it. It has everthing it came with (manual, box, AC).

6. Cirrus

Cirrus Guest

Apr 30, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    I jacked around with one at Guitar Center for a while. If I was to describe it in one word, I'd probably use "noisy". It has some interesting effects, but nothing to really sell it over a Zoom 506 except for the expression pedal. I actually went with the intent of purchasing one, and after I played around with it for an hour or so decided against it.

7. Chef316

Oct 19, 2004
    mine doesn't seem to prduce any noise....and the sound are good...i've modified a few but heck...you can get one now used for 165 bucks or less. I payed less than that...i got the floor model at a Mars music that was going out of buisness in perfect condition for 100$...you just gotta look around...i recomend it. I dont know..but it may depend on what kind of bass you play through it with though. I use a Carvin LB70A and a custom p-bass built in NYC....
  8. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Maybe you should check out the Digitech BNX3 instead.
  9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    wow, talk about a resurrected thread (4 years!).
    Until the ME-50B came along, the BP-8 was IMO the best bass multi-fx out there. Had a nice warm sound with the tube on board.