1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

digram help...? 1v/1t, on/off/on dpdt

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by smoothboard, Mar 11, 2013.

1. hello! i've looked around a bit but can't really locate a diagram i am able to comprehend, haha. i was wondering if i was able to run a split neck /jazz bridge combo, with 1 volume-1 tone, and an on/off/on dpdt switch to get neck/parallel(or series)/bridge? I found a few relevent things on it, and tried to wire it up but just recive nasty feedback sound. im kinda new to this area of wireing stuff. thanks!

2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Jan 4, 2013
    Germany, EU
    Both (series and parallel) is possible.
    For parallel you need an ON/ON/ON (also called ON/Z/ON),
    for series wiring an ON/OFF/ON switch ...
    (with different wiring)

Both don't produce feedback. If there is feedback, it has nothing to do with the switch or the V/T wiring ...

3. thanks, guess im going series haha. that will help refine the search and kill some confusion.

4. YAY!!:hyper: got it goin. stripped it down to just a volume and added up checking for buzz after each step, and now im groovin! thanks soooo much to everyone on here that spends time helping people like me gain knowledge and ideas.