1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dilemma: do I buy a cheap damaged Eden cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPlayerGush, Apr 3, 2013.

1. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    Hey everyone, I have the opportunity to buy an American made Eden 4x10 very cheap, probably around $100. The problem is that it was water damaged during Hurricane Sandy.

The one speaker is dead and the others appear to have what might be mold on it, but they still function fine. The owner told me they treated the cabinet/carpet for mold. The driver doesn't look amazing and even the jacks show a little rust.

Obviously this is a steal for a great cabinet --- but is it worth it? I would probably want to replace all the speakers/horn and possibly even the back panel. Thanks in advanced

2. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    If you are able to recone the speakers, you'll probably exceed the cost of a used 410 in great condition. If you have to replace the speakers, you'll exceed the cost of a brand new cab. The damaged cab basically has negative value except the value of any usable parts for someone who needs them for an existing Eden 410. IMO.

3. Nope, it WAS a good cab. Unless he is paying you to haul it away?

4. Mold can wreck your health too.

5. Mr. Sound

Mr. Sound Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2009
    SUNSHINE COAST AUS.
    Howard Florey may have been interested.

6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. It's that simple.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    So did you buy it?

8. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Free, it would be a deal. $100? Only if they are paying you to take it. :D