Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dilemma, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kris pung, Aug 27, 2003.

1. kris pung

kris pung

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I recently won a limited edition 2003 Warwick Buzzard 4 string that looks and sounds amazing. Well here is the question, should I sell the instrument and update my rig and my tired 5 string, or should I treat the bass as a collector’s item and not play it, for fear of damaging the bass? I don’t want to make an unwise decision that I will regret later. Also if I were to sell the bass were would be the best place to try to sell it: (ebay, guitar store, etc.).

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    hmm..its made to be played not kept in a case its whole life..thats just a waste..

maybe ebay..but try here and bassgear.com first...ask for gear trades..try to get a rig and a bass...

hmmm pm me;)

steve

3. wow...............I would've wanted to keep that baby...considering how limited they are and everything.............but priorities are priorities...try and see how much you can get for it, obviously its gonna get you enough for a new rig and stuff as well as make someone eternally happy...you know?

can you PLEASE post pics before you sell it?

4. We can't tell you what you will regret later, unfortunately. Most of us don't know that about ourselves until it is too late...

Personally, if I liked the instrument I'd play it. I'm not a collector, so if I didn't play it I'd sell it. It isn't J.E.'s personal Buzzard, and it would have to be for me to start collecting with it. That would be my options, and even pushing 39 I can't say there wouldn't be a twinge of regret down the road one way or the other...

5. I think Ebay would bring in the most money, and a guitar store will try to buy it from you for the lowest possible price then sell it at least twice what you got for it...:meh:

man, if I won that, I wouldn't sell it..

about the regrets.......... DeLorean has a great point....

6. It depends how big a John fan you are. I would sell it, only because my rig is hurtin' If you really need a new rig and bass, I would suggest that. But if you have enough to get by I say keep it. And the value will go up, and if you are ever in a tight spot, you could get some cash fast from that.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Depends how much you can get for it. If you can get enough money to buy an awesome bass you wouldnt feel guilty about playing, id do that.

8. I think it is cool but I would probably sell it. the warwick one is a limited run but it is not the origonal buzzard (I think status made those) so it will never get huge value. and with the new JE collectable basses I would say that Almebic spyder takes the cake. so I would sell it to someone who will really appreciate it and get yourself a new rig or something. unfortunately you might have a hard time selling it right now the way the economy is and everything.

9. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I'd keep it. either that or I'd sell it.

*being unhelpful and vague* :bag:

10. kris pung

kris pung

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I won it through Bass Player Mag.

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Warwick was the original. http://www.warwickbass.com/news/37.htm

12. embellisher

Congratulations! We have had people post threads asking if anybody ever really won anything from a Bass Player giveaway. I guess people really do, huh?:)

13. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Right!
    So is Warwick still making them since he says it's a "2003 Warwick Buzzard".

I thought Status was the only current maker since Entwistle shifted to them (Status) because he wanted all graphite necks later on.

14. embellisher

They did a limited edition reissue. http://www.buzzardbass.com/Warwick/NAMM2003/WarwickBuzzard2003.htm

15. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
  16. If you're not in love with it, try to find out, how much could you get for it. Get something you'll fall in love immediately.

A bass of this value should be in the hands, that love it!

Jure