Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rafterman, Apr 9, 2001.

1. i'm in sort of a dilemma...i am going to buy a bass sometime this month, and i don't know what to buy...i'm in a $400-$450 limit...i wanna buy an Ibanez...what should i get, a BTB or a Soundgear...what is better? and why is it better?
  2. Hey!

You may want to try out one of the Ergodyne series by Ibanez.Mine is the ECD700 and it has proved to be a really good mid-budget workhorse.
    The "list retail" is like $850.00 but you can get them all day on the net for $500.00-$600.00.I also see them on ebay(used and new)for even cheaper.
    Just my two cents worth. :)

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Better Electronics, better wood combinations, better neck.
  4. how much would a 5-string BTB cost?...at Guitar Center or Sam Ash
  5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The BTBs should be about $570 max at GC (BTB405). If its anymore, its a ripoff, and buy one from www.bassnw.com for $560.

While im not sure why you want an Ibanez so bad (i's suspects fieldy:(), the BTB, while more expensive, is exponentially better than the Soundgear. The Soundgear is an absolute WASTE of GOOD FIREWOOD, not to mention a total waste of money/ripoff. Stay away.

If you dont want to save the extra couple bucks for the BTB (which i highly recommend), DONT GET THE SOUNDGEAR just because you dont want to wait. Either wait, or check out other basses, like the Yamaha BBs or RBXs, which are outstanding basses for the money, and i believe both are in your price range. They are MUCH better.

Just please dude, stay away from the Soundgears. Those are terrible basses.
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Ibanez BTB405 is on sale at GC this month for $549. Much better bass than the cheap Soundgears.

I played the BTB406 Saturday and was blown away. A 6 string with 3/4" spacing, decent electronics, killer B string and great tone(IMHO) for $609.00?!?!?!? I am seriously considering buying one.