Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dillinger Escape Plan

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by kingbrutis, Aug 17, 2003.

1. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    I'm not sure if this is where this post should go, but..... I have looked at a lot of hardcore tabs and NO ONE has done Dillinger Escape Plan. I don't know if no one has heard of them, but if you like the most intense music possible, check ot DEP. Can some one try and tab one of thier songs. I would really like on Calculating infinity (cd) the songs sugar coated sour, 43% burnt, Jim Fear, 4 th grade drop out. You can find mp3's of these songs easy. I'm just no where near as good to try and tab this stuff. I would aprecieate anyone trying. BTW: the best live show I ever saw was Hatebreed and Dillinger Escape Plan in DC. Thanks Joe

2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Yeah some of us have heard of 'the lads too unmusical for Berklee' band. Digginithard, good stuff.
    You are NOT going to find tabs for their songs, bruz. But if you're listening to music of this calibre and understanding it, you should be able to do it yourself, right? Right? Because that's why you enjoy Dillinger, isn't it? For the music?

3. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    Well, I'm not sute what you are talking about but I did find a couple of tabs of thiers. On lead not bass though. I am somewhat new to the bass so my ear is not that good to just pick something like Dillinger up. Agnostic Front, Blood for Blood ect.... OK. I'm just not good enough to pick up Dillinger. Check out this tab. Thanks Joe

http://www.tabs.punkhardcore.com/?songid=30027

4. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    I've seen live videos of them, and the bass player didn't do jack or $h1t, and Jack left town.

The guitars are the ones doing all the crazy stuff. The bass player just looked like he was sitting on root notes and such.

--Matthew

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ugh, just because someone is playing root note doesn't make them a bad player. I know for a fact he isn't just playing root note... but no he doesn't do what the guitarists do. It would sound like ****. You need someone to hold things together... hmmm maybe that's what a bass player should do? Perhaps.

Simple doesn't equal bad.

6. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    I'm sorry if I sounded negative towards him. I was just comparing him to what the guitar players do, which is freakin' bonkers!

--Matthew