1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dillinger Four live................... Wow!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by parrott, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Dillinger Four played Haddington (local town) last night........ wow is about all I can say!!

The supporting band were The 'Tone, from London, and they were a kinda pub-band with "psycobilly" tendancies - good fun, definetly.

Then D4.

:eek:

40 minutes of pure, intense punk, non-stop. I can't really think of words to describe it, but it's one of the best gigs I've ever been to - everyone in the room came out saying how damn fantastic it was.
    I can't remember the setlist, but my friend got one, and got it signed too..... I should have got one of the CD's or records they had on sale there, but I'm skint...... damn.

And as for the bass player.... :eek:
    I've never seen anyone play like that before, Ever. Kinda playing it a bit like a guitar, with some chords and agressive strumming, but still bringing out some cool basslines, all on a battered old P-bass, that sounded better than all the other ones i've tried.

All in all, amazing, and well better than all the other punk i've heard recently; now if only my wallet was big enough to buy one of their CD's........ as soon as i have money.........