Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dillion basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Apr 19, 2003.

1. http://dillionguitars.net/

Has anyone checked these things out? I heard that they weren't too shabby at all, aside from the fact that they changed the body styles on just about every model to look like crap. Anyone played on one or know anything about em?

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Dillion VMB-500-5 has to have one of the sweetest necks around.
    I've owned two of these basses over the past 3-4 years. Like a fool I sold my first one to upgrade to a "better 5 string".
    I bought the "better 5 string", but wanted my VMB-500-5 back cause I just love the neck and sound of this bass.
    I was very fortunate to steal one off Ebay last fall. I won't be selling this one anytime soon.
    There are a couple of minor and simple modifications that I recommend to anyone owing a VMB-500-5, or VMB-400 for that matter that extend the versatility of the instrument.
    If you happen across one of these basses, check it out. You'll be very impressed with the quality, sound, playability and especially the price.
    Cheers,
    JC

3. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Do tell, brother! What mods do you suggest? And how do you think your Dillons compare to OLM 4 and 5s?

Ron