1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dillion Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassPlayerRH, Sep 18, 2002.

1. I saw a picture of a Dillion VMB 400, and it had all four tuners on the top of the headstock. Is it a ripped off picture of the five string, or is that how it really is? (I thought three on top, one on bottom)

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I really don't know Bassplayer, but I will tell you this, I've played a couple of Dillions basses and guitars (including a VMB500) and they were all exceptional instruments. I really hope they come out with a few more bass models. (a Les Paul bass copy would just be killer)

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I owned a VMB-500 5 string a few years ago. I made a couple of minor electronic mods to it to further improve the output, but all in all I really enjoyed that bass.
    It played and sounded great. As LiquidMidnight pointed out, Dillion's are exceptional instruments.
    I spoke with John Dillion a few times to get information, he was a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.
    I sold the Dillion to buy my current StingRay5. I have often considered buying another VMB-500 as a back up bass. But the StingRay just never quits, so I really don't need a backup 5 string. I've got plenty of 4 stringers to fill that role.
    Cheers,
    JC

:)

PS - IT'S NOW ONE YEAR LATER, I DID BUY ANOTHER VMB-500. THE SR5 IS NO LONGER PART OF MY COLLECION. THE VMB-500 HAS REPLACED IT.