Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dillion Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassPlayerRH, Sep 18, 2002.

1. I saw a picture of a Dillion VMB 400, and it had all four tuners on the top of the headstock. Is it a ripped off picture of the five string, or is that how it really is? (I thought three on top, one on bottom)

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I really don't know Bassplayer, but I will tell you this, I've played a couple of Dillions basses and guitars (including a VMB500) and they were all exceptional instruments. I really hope they come out with a few more bass models. (a Les Paul bass copy would just be killer)

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I owned a VMB-500 5 string a few years ago. I made a couple of minor electronic mods to it to further improve the output, but all in all I really enjoyed that bass.
    It played and sounded great. As LiquidMidnight pointed out, Dillion's are exceptional instruments.
    I spoke with John Dillion a few times to get information, he was a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.
    I sold the Dillion to buy my current StingRay5. I have often considered buying another VMB-500 as a back up bass. But the StingRay just never quits, so I really don't need a backup 5 string. I've got plenty of 4 stringers to fill that role.
    Cheers,
    JC

:)

PS - IT'S NOW ONE YEAR LATER, I DID BUY ANOTHER VMB-500. THE SR5 IS NO LONGER PART OF MY COLLECION. THE VMB-500 HAS REPLACED IT.