1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dillion Rick-style bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, May 15, 2011.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Okay I love offbeat guitars and basses and I really dig what Rondo and Eatwood are doing. Now a brand I don't really know much about is Dillion although I read good things about them.

So I went to their site and saw that they have a Rickenbacker inspired bass, not a straight copy but the influence is obvious enough.

DRKB%20004%20BLK.
    DRKB004%20BG.
    DRKB%20HEAD%203.
    DRKB%20HEAD%20BACK3.

Might be strange but it also reminds me of the old Electra Outlaw basses.
    tn_electra_11.

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I like the headstock on that Ric copy.

3. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    I dunno man, you probably wouldn't be able to fit another tuner on there. :p

4. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie

Nov 28, 2009
    I just gotta say that this is one awsome bass. picked one up about 3 weeks ago and decieded that it had to come home with me. Ended up trading a Schecter Diamond Jazz bass for this one, bought a set of chromes, took them home and fell in love, great neck and a suprising amount of tonal flexability. I seriously have a hard time believeing how good the quality of Dillion guitars and basses are. I also have 2 Dillion guitars, all are keepers.

5. wow, a few replies without a single person calling you a terrible person for buying/considering buying a Ric copy? it's a miracle.
    they look very cool though. wouldn't mind having one or two for myself.

6. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ya they already gave me **** for buying my 3 Dillion copies :) All very high quality MIK units, just not in the pickup dept.
    P1010334-small.

7. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Why is there a missing peice on the A string tuner? You can see the back of neck thru it unlike with the other 3 tuners/ Other then that, looks like could be nice rickish looking bass. I see it even has push/pull knobs for coil tapping.