1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dillon Bass Ric copy now on Adrionack...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alaskaleftybass, Jul 25, 2012.

1. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska

Attached Files:

2. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Bodies look like nice copies but even looking at the pictures they didn't even try to copy the pickups- so
    Without Ric-like pickups it's not gonna sound like a Ric...

3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    I don't know...it looks a little cheesy. Also, I'm not usually one to jump on this bandwagon, but at $600, you may as well save up and get the real deal used.

4. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Dillion has been making copies for 10 years. I had 3 of them. All made in Korea, all very nice. All unique in their sound however nothing like the real thing.

BTW, here's their ugly OLD Ric'ish looking unit from maybe 5-6 years ago:
    DRKB043FULL.

and here is my 3 copies I owned for a time:
    P1010334-small.

5. I've got a Dillion 5204, which is their version of a 54 P. not a bad little bass, but most definitely a knockoff.

About the same quality as a higher end Squier or a really good SX. Nothing to write home about, but not total junk either.

It should be noted that there are 2 Dillion's, one in the US and the other in Canada. They don't play nicely with each other, both claiming to be the REAL Dillion. Kinda funny story if you take the time to look for it.