Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DiMarzio® Model J™ Bass Pickup Set

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 21, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Will these pickups work as drop in replacements for the Fender Deluxe series Jazz basses with the active electronics?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    assuming the current pickups are passive, I have no reason to believe otherwise, yes

3. epoxo57

epoxo57

Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    You'll love 'em once ya get them in!! I agree with davidmwilson that they should just drop in since I have mine mated to a Bart NTBT preamp in my Warwick. Just be sure to get everything properly grounded. Although there are 4 wires coming out of each pup, just follow the directions and you should be fine.

4. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Something else to be aware of....the DiMarzio Model J pickups are quite a bit deeper than the stock pickups. When I replaced mine I also had to replace the pickup foam to get them in the cavities far enough. I play with pretty low action though, so this may not be a n issue for you.