1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD DiMarzio Area J Jazz bass pickup set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by doktorfeelgood, Apr 13, 2017.

1. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

Price:
    $80
    DSCF0001.JPG DiMarzio Area J Jazz bass pickup set used and in very good condition. These are really great sounding pickups that have that vintage sound with more clarity and better lows. The magnets are Alnico 2 and don't have as much gain as Alnico 5 pickups but the tone is really good. The Area Series of pickups is all I use in my basses now. IMO they are really amazing. There is plenty of wire length to install them and they come with black mounting screws. $90 shipped Priority...PayPal and USPS Money Order only.
    From DiMarzio's website:

dp249.

Area J™ Pair
    DP249
    Been waiting for a bass pickup that sounds like a vintage J Bass® pickup and cancels hum? Your wait is over. Bass pickups are usually described with aggressive terms such as “amazing punch” and “thundering lows”, but that’s not the sound of vintage J Bass® pickups. They’re all about warmth, sustain, and a clean, singing tone. The Area J™ captures all of those qualities. It is not loud, but it has a very focused attack, so it has power where it counts – at the center of the tone. The lows are very clear and clean, and the highs are both smooth and open-sounding. We’ve reduced the magnet-pull, and included 4-conductor wiring to allow both series and parallel humbucking modes.

DSCF0009.JPG

praxedes likes this.
  2. doktorfeelgood

Still available....sale fell thru....

flacoclef likes this.
  3. doktorfeelgood

Reduced to $80 shipped.....

4. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    Tempting

5. doktorfeelgood

These are amazing sounding pickups....I also have them in my Road Worn parts Jazz bass and they kill. $8o bucks shipped is as low as I'll go and these pups are a GREAT deal for that money. The lowest you will see them new is $130 bucks on Amazon...

6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I've got a set of Area J's. Nice pups! GLWTS

7. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    Wrap 'em up, my friend. I'm local, so you won't even need to ship.

I'll try to PM my contact info.

8. doktorfeelgood

OK......no prob....THX...uh how local IS local?

9. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    I did one of those conversation starters - I'm down in Gansett.

10. doktorfeelgood

SOLD!!!!.....THX Tim....