SOLD DiMarzio Area J, Jazz Bass Pickup Set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $70.00
    Selling the Area J set from my 75 Reissue. I got them from another TBer a little while ago. I like them... but I can only describe them as sounding "too nice - too good" for what I want. Mellow lows, usable mids, without a big scoop. The highs are even and open. More of an late 60s to early 70s tone. They are truly balanced sounding and super quiet. I will be going back to the far more disobedient and insane, DiMarzio Ultra set :smug:

I will take more pics after they are removed from the bass. I have them hooked up via a solderless, Obsidian harness. Both pickups have a GOOD amount of lead wire. More than enough for any conventional Jazz Bass install.

Your PayPal payment gets them shipped to your Lower 48th US state via USPS Priority Mail with proper packaging and insurance. I am not interested in any trades at this time. Thank you. LISTING IS FOR THE PICKUPS ONLY, the bass, nor any other "photo staging" items will be included.

AreaJ_Removed.jpg

DiMarzioAreaJ1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    gelinas666 and mikewalker like this.
  2. Little Rock

Little Rock Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Montreal, Canada
    PM sent.

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  3. Little Rock

Little Rock Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Montreal, Canada
    I will take them!
    Please, refer to the PM i sent you.

4. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    On Hold - International Sale Pending.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021