1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD DiMarzio Area J Set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Plucky The Bassist, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Price:
    SOLD
    Selling a fantastic set of DiMarzio Area J pickups. Were put into a jazz bass that I eventually sold, was pretty much a case queen as I barely played the bass and the pickups didn't get much wear or use at all. Plenty of wire left on them, will make sure ends are clean and ready to be stripped/soldered.

The pickup covers are cream, but this can be changed easily by purchasing other pickup covers...adds a unique look to the bass and lets people know they are aftermarket! The tone of these is different from the Model J, here are the specs from DiMarzio

"Bass pickups are usually described with aggressive terms such as "amazing punch" and "thundering lows," but that's not the sound of vintage J Bass pickups. They're all about warmth, sustain, and a clean, singing tone. The Area J bridge and neck pickups capture all of those qualities. They're not loud, but they have a very focused attack, so they have power where it counts - at the center of the tone. The lows are very clear and clean, and the highs are both smooth and open-sounding. The magnet-pull has been reduced, and the included 4-conductor wiring allows both series and parallel humbucking modes."

• Area J Neck:
      • Wiring: 4-conductor
      • Magnet: Ceramic
      • Output: 155mV
      • DC Resistance: 7.80k ohms
      • Year of introduction: 2009
      • Area J Bridge:
      • Wiring: 4-conductor
      • Magnet: Ceramic
      • Output: 155mV
      • DC Resistance: 7.80k ohms
      • Year of introduction: 2009

SOLD to ship it out anywhere in the lower 48. Paypal accepted, no trades unless you have a DiMarzio Area P + money or perhaps some other higher-end P bass pickups.

Thanks!
    - Plucky

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I'd buy these right now if I had a J bass to put them into.
    GLWTS!

Plucky The Bassist likes this.
  3. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Never hurts to be prepared!! ;)

rojo412 likes this.
  4. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

Figures....2 weeks ago I looked around here on TB for a set of these and there were none available...SOOOOOO I order a new set which I get TODAY and lo and behold here these are TODAY as well AND I coulda saved $40 bucks.......Oh well....not meant to be I guess.

5. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How's their return policy? ;)

6. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

It's really good but I have the pickups now and I ain't gonna miss any meals cuz of the $40 bucks so I'll keep these....now I await new pots which are coming Friday and I can finish assembling this bass...THX for asking....You should have NO PROBLEM selling these pickups. IMHO, they are THE BEST Jazz bass pups out there. I have a set in a Swamp Ash bodied Jazz parts bass and they are the cats ass. VERY vintage sounding with nice round tone. BUMP for a great set of pups.

7. cvsurg

cvsurg Supporting Member

May 17, 2011
    FL
    PM'd.....

8. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Payment Pending...

9. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    SOLD! These are headed to sunny Florida :)