Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DiMarzio cables - too stiff to use

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tonynoriega, Oct 15, 2004.

1. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I didn't find a category for accessories so I'm listing this under basses. Anyway, I have been using DiMarzio cables for many years because with all of the stepping on them, and other general abuse, they've never failed me. About 6 months ago I bought a 10 footer and a 15 footer in black and they both were much too stiff to use in performance, even after I looped them over a door knob and pulled back and forth, in an attempt to limber them up.

A week ago I sent them to DiMarzio, and today replacements arrived, and they are much more pliable......just thought you'd like to know. By the way, the cables are rather expensive compared to others.

Tony Noriega, Tampa

2. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    Thanks for the review.

I've got a Quantum that's treated me well.

Then I've two other Quantums (Q2000's) that were very mediocre. You couldn't gig with them, they cut in and out (from the day I bought them).

I guess cable manufacturers can be inconsistant at times ^_^.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My Monster studio cable is so stiff that I have to stand 15 feet from my amp.

In the future, Tony, Miscellaneous is for music related posts that do not fit in any of the other categories. That is where I am moving your post.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I find Monsters too stiff to gig. ProCo's for me.