1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DiMarzio DP 127's in a Squire P, Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TLEbassplayer, Jun 11, 2007.

1. TLEbassplayer

TLEbassplayer

Jun 8, 2007
    I was just looking to replace the pickups on my Squire P, it still has the stock pups from when I got it out of the box. I was browsing Musicians Friend for new ones and the DiMarzio DP 127's seemed good and they weren't that expensive. Would this be a good choice?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

never can keep their numbers straight. If it's the model P that's probably their most popular P. SD 1/4 P also popular. The Reverend 8.7K I find of equal use.

Depends on what you're looking for. Reading reviews on them should narrow your choice.

3. Alan U

Alan U

Jul 12, 2005
    North East London
    Absolutely.
    I put DiMarzio pick-ups in my Squier P-Bass Special.
    The transformation is so remarkable it has to be heard, I cannot describe it.
    The bass was well worth the extra investment. If yours is also one with a really good neck, do it.
    After tricking up the action and intonation and adding flatwound strings it is really good.
    ps. replace the pots and make sure you shield the cavities and earth properly.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021