Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dimarzio DP123 wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Slayer bass, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Somebody knows where I can find a wiring diagram for the Dimarzio DP123 pickups?
    I want to know the pot (250K or 500K) and cap values indicated for these pickups.

Thanks.

2. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    If you are going to run them passive, most use 250k. If you use an active circuit, the 500k is usually the choice.

3. I'm going to run them passive.
    Some people say that single-coil = 250K, humbucker = 500K, but regardless of what type of pickups are in your bass, higher potentiometer resistance values produce a little more power and treble response.
    I'd like to have some opinios about that, 500K pots on volume control, do they really give more power and treble response?
    Is it better to use 500K with humbuckers?
    And about the pot and the cap of the tone control?

Thanks.

4. Hey,

No more opinions???
    Somebody help me.

Thanks

5. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I'm not sure on the volume issue regarding 250k vs 500k, but on the tone issue, the 250k pots bleed a little of the high end to ground, giving it the apparent "warmer" sound. I've got two Fender Jazz's, 250k pots on volume and tone. Sorry, but that's the extent of my knowledge.