1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Dimarzio Model J wiring help needed

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JW-Thrax, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JW-Thrax

JW-Thrax

Aug 16, 2018
    Hello Everyone,

I'm interested in upgrading my stock bass pickups to a set of Dimarzio model J's.
    It's is my understanding that because of the split coil nature of these pickups they cancel hum and can be wired in series individually.

So I was really curious if the following wiring setup is possible:

Master volume, Blend, Master tone,
    and a 4 way rotary switch with
    pos 1: both pickups in parallel
    pos 2: both pickups in series
    pos 3: neck in series, bridge in parallel
    pos 4: neck in parallel, bridge in series

If this is indeed possible I'd greatly appreciate any insight on what kind of rotary switch would be ideal, after doing some research I see the 5 and 6 position switches are most common. I'd also love to know how to wire this.
    If someone already has such a schematic I'd love to see it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
    Cheers!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021