Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DiMarzio Model One Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kerrsedbass, Mar 19, 2006.

1. kerrsedbass

kerrsedbass Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Hamilton, NJ
    I would like to know the dimensions for the DiMarzio Model One. I'm going to buy a Epiphone EB-3, and I'm going to replace the neck pickup, but I'm going to hybrid it with an EMG or Bartolini MM pickup replacement. I'm also going to change the bridge to a Badass II. This is my second "mod" bass after I defretted my MIM P-Bass, and fitted it with an EMG 35TW. I'm looking to go for a different sound with this one, but I don't wanna use the Dimarzio pups, since I've heard them and don't really like the tone, way too muddy for me. Anywho, if anyone knows the dimensions of the pickups that would be great.

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Look on their website. I know they had good dimensional blueprints for the UltraJazz 5 neck and bridge.

3. kerrsedbass

Jan 10, 2006
    Hamilton, NJ
    nothing on there except for wiring directions. If anyone is interested, I'm probably going to install a musicman replacement pickup in the neck position, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the bridge. Actually if anyone has dimensions for that also it would be helpful.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Here you go.

5. kerrsedbass

Jan 10, 2006
    Hamilton, NJ
    wow, thanks kindly! Now that I know what I'm going to have to mess with it looks like im stuck between an EMG MMCS or a Bartolini MM Quad Coil. I'm leaning towards the quad coil, but I might stay with EMG since I am used to the crazy sound of my 35TW in my fretless P.