1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dimarzio Model One Pole Piece Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by walruswaspaul, Mar 10, 2008.

1. walruswaspaul

walruswaspaul

Jan 23, 2008
    Am thinking of getting a Dimarzio Model One for my Epiphone EB0 , I was wondering about the pole piece spacing , does anybody know whether th epole pieces on this pickup will be in line with the strings on an Epiphone EB0 as the EB0 is a shortscale

2. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    It is the string spacing that matters. Being a shortscale has nothing to do with it. Measure the center-to-center spacing of the strings at the polepieces, and then go to a DiMarzio dealer and see if those spacings coincide with the polepieces

3. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    the Model One was designed as a drop in replacement for the gigantic Gibson humbucker, so the spacing ought to be just fine on your epi.

4. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    +1

I had one in a homemade bass and the pup needs to be pretty close to the neck to line up. It was a little narrow on mine but dead on on my EBO. Didn't really notice any volume problems with it being slightly off.

5. notenslaved

notenslaved I survived the 80's only to see it return.

Feb 13, 2008
    Connecticut, USA
    That's a fun pickup, "back in the day" I used them on an old beater - hot passive sound.

Tip: If you want to raise the pole pieces up closer to the strings (which you might), cover them with epoxy or black elec. tape or something, else the strings will pop on them if you get rough with it.