1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dimarzio Model P+J - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Feb 25, 2002.

1. I am looking into new pickups for my bass, and I've settled on the DMarzio Model P+J setup. 've heard that thse pickups are very high-output, aggressive pickups(ceramics etc.) and I want to know of the opinions that you users have. What do these sound like? And, if possible, sound files or songs would help a lot.

Thanks in advance,
    PF

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    In a comparison Bass Player did betwen many jazz pups, the DiMarzio Model J earned the "Best Tone" price...... very loud and nice when recorded, I remember they say that alone sounded kinda "ugly", but with a band was one of the best, they called it "the marshall killer".

Don´t know about the Model p but think it could be a great buy..... I´m thinking about getting them for my Ibanez SR400.

Ignacio.

3. I have this setup in a Peavey bass.

I wouldn't call the solo tone ugly but they definitely shine with a band.

Lots of powerful midrange is the best way I can describe them.

4. Do you fellows think they'd sound good wth distorttion and overdrive? My current pickups sound good with my PD7, but I wanna know if my upgrades will.

5. I think they sound pretty good with my Frantone Fuzz pedal. I haven't tried any other distortions with them.

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I hope so..... I use distortion too!!!!:D