1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DiMarzio P VS. Duncan Basslines 1/4 Pound

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by KnightFall, May 31, 2004.

1. I'm a very very satisfied Quarter Pound user, so I won't be switching... I'm just wondering what the tonal differences are between the Quarter Pound and the DiMarzio Model P.

According to the DiMarzio website, the Model P offers "Heavy sound with midrange emphasis. Aggressive sound designed to cut through dense tracks and loud situations." They also go on to say "Model P pickups cut through the band without sacrificing bottom-end power. Gutsy mid-range provides growl when the bass is pushed hard. Combine the DiMarzio Model P with a bridge position DiMarzio Model J and experience any tone from a tight mid-range punch to a warm bottom-end with bright, clear attack."

That, to my ears, is exactly what the QP sounds like. Any thoughts? Comparisons?

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I've used both and I remain a devoted Duncan user. DiMarzio makes awesome pickups and they are def my second choice. The model P's I have played are about the same level of out put (a lot) as the Duncans and they cut very well but to my ears the Model P lacks the lowend that the Duncan has. I honestly would be very satisfied if I had either one of them.

3. Ok, thanks. :)

Any other opinions?