1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

dimarzio prewired model P pickguard

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jboy500, Aug 7, 2012.

1. jboy500

jboy500

Aug 7, 2012
    Does anyone know if the pick ups and pots can be removed from the dimarzio prewired model P pickguard? Dimarzio only offers the white and black pickgurads and i hate the look of those. i have never solderd so i was hoping i could remove the the electronics from the prewired pickguard and install them into my prexisting pickguard. thanks.

2. Yes, you can remove them. There is a small connection block that all the wiring runs through that is stuck onto the pickguard with double sided foam tape, but you can easily remove it. I picked up one of these a while back and it was a very easy, no solder, solution to swapping out the pickups and electronics. Originally I did use the white pickgaurd it came with but later decided to swap it out for a nice tort guard I had. I just pried the connection block off with a knife, got some double stick tape and stuck it to the new pickguard, fairly simple to do. Oh and they pickups sound great as well!

3. jboy500

jboy500

Aug 7, 2012
    awesome, thanks brother. i'm going tort guard as well.