Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DiMarzio Split P Pickup $40 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SuperDuck, Mar 30, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    This is a DiMarzio Split P pickup for a Precision-style bass. Great pickup with nice, thick lows. More mid-scooped than a normal Precision pickup. VERY hot ouput.

This pickup has the black covers, as opposed to the white ones displayed on the DiMarzio website. There is some minor wear on the covers, but they are in great condition. Lots of lead left - enough that you'll have to tape it to keep it under control while you're mounting the pup.

$40 gets it shipped to your door in the continental US, mounting screws included.

2. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    Have you been the only owner of the pickup?
    Are you replacing it with something else? Why selling?

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Nope, bought it used from TB user davidmwilson. Good guy.

Replaced it with the stock pickup in my MIA P-Bass.

Selling it because I don't want it. ;) The tone is awesome, but too close to the less-middy sound I can get from my J-Bass. Don't need two ponies doing the same trick!

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Good deal on a good P-UP!!

5. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    if it is still around in two weeks I will consider it. Getting birthday money :)

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Very cool! Keep me posted. If it is sold before hand, I will let you know.

7. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    Out of curiosity have you tried quarter pounders to compare with this one?

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    No, I have not. From what I've read, the QP's are equally (if not more) aggressive than the Model P. I'm really happy with a more mellow sound, so I figger the stock p'up will do me well. If you're looking for high-output tone, though, either pickup should suit you.

9. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    I'm more curious than anything. I'm learning bass. My dad want's to build one for me. So I figure I'd "upgrade" my squier p pickup and use the stock one to play around with. If I like the new pickup and my dad and I do a good job of making a bass then switch pickups. Either way, a win-win situation :)

I have been playing a bit of punk, blues, and rock lately ...

10. I'll Bite...If no one else is in line then I'll send a M.O. Right quick...PM Me!!Thanks much...Keep Bassin!

DWB :bassist: