1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD DiMarzio Split P Pickup DP127 Precision P Bass Pickup - BIG TONE!! MINT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $69
    My search for the "P Bass Tone In My Head" continues. I just installed this last weekend, but I will be going with the lower output, tamer, Area P Bass pickup. I moved away from the tighter Graphite neck tone, and switched to a Maple, 1975 Jazz Bass neck. (The Moses Graphite Neck is up for sale in these TB Classifieds as well).

This pickup is Big and Bold sounding! Tones of tone and output. It literally sounds like 2 pickups are going at the same time! Comes with original packaging and instruction sheet. Currently wired for full humbucking mode.

Your PayPal payment gets it shipped to your lower 48th US state with proper packaging and insurance. They sell for $84 new.
    1FD118BE-CFFF-4BCD-884C-1CFA9B785FD1.jpeg
    79BE2D48-91FD-4703-BC4F-D80180578E32.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    bassguyky48 and Hoyt like this.
  2. StringslamDan

StringslamDan

Nov 18, 2012
    Have you considered trying a set of Lollars? I'm not sure what tone your looking for, but they have a great vintage/modern vibe that sounds pretty amazing imo. Lollars are used by Nash basses as well!(which your bass kinda reminds me of) Good luck on your tone quest!

babaseen and Alan Ace Cooper like this.
  3. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    Ahhh... Yes! I keep forgetting about them. I was playing some shows in Boston last year and stopped in a place called, Matt's Music in Weymouth. They had 3 Nash Basses that I fell in love with. I bought a LM Bass Clef strap, but ran out the door, when I was thinking about dropping my gig earnings on a Lollar loaded, Nash Jazz!

bassguyky48 likes this.
  4. StringslamDan

StringslamDan

Nov 18, 2012
    I love Nash basses and hopefully someday will be able to pony up the cash for one! If you love the sound of Nash, Lollars are definitely where it's at! Another great option would be a set of Lindy Fralin's! I have a set of 5%ow in my Jazz bass and it's tone heaven for me! Good luck!

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  5. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    Thank you!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021